ACTIVITIES ON AND OFF THE RANCH
We’re ready to customize your stay to create a relaxing and fun getaway with a myriad of activities for your wedding, retreat or event guests. To inquire about available dates for your mountain wedding or group retreat, simply complete our Booking Inquiry.
In addition, nearby Pagosa Springs is a quaint mountain town that has grown to offer its guests modern conveniences while maintaining its charm. The most well-known treasure of the area is the Pagosa Hot Springs — known as the deepest geothermal hot springs in the world. It’s a great place to soak your stresses away, reflect on your story, or just get warm with a drink.
A few of our area favorites are…
• Kip’s Grill (great fish tacos)
• Root House Coffee (killer coffee and amazing atmosphere)
• Let it Fly (Pops will get you hooked up with whatever you need for the rivers)
• Riff Raff Brewing (get a craft beer and enjoy the vistas)
• Pagosa Baking Company (start your day with a breakfast burrito smothered in green chili sauce)
• Ski and Bow Rack (anything you could need to hunt, fish, ski, snowboard or just enjoy the outdoors)
• Meander for fantastic farm-to-market cuisine alongside the San Juan River
• Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad… for a steam train ride of a lifetime! Choose Chama Limited option for a 10-4:20 day entirely by train (Jun 3-Oct 21)
Beyond the town’s offerings, we also have a wide variety of activity options for your group retreat, wedding or events guests…
• Fly fishing lessons*º
• Guided fishing*º
• Horseback Riding*
• Fireside s’mores and cocktails*ª
• Fireside wine tasting
with charcuterie boards *ª
• Progressive campfire dinner
or wine/cheese tours*ª
• Pasture picnic*
• Sunset Happy Hour w/ wine &
• Starry Night setup (in pasture or
on mountain) w/ blankets, snacks
• Live Fireside Music*
• Archery lessons or obstacle course*
• Kids arts ’n’ crafts*
• Kids Treasure Hunt*
• Art lessons*
• Yoga sessions*
• Photography lessons*
• Hot air balloon rides*º
• Hot springs soakº
ªGuests pre-purchase wine/beer/liquor from liquor store. We can pick up.
If there are kids in your group and the adults need some off-time, we can also arrange short-term childcare.
HORSEBACK RIDING — We have miles and miles of trails on the ranch and access to hundreds of miles of trails right out of the back gate. Our string of horses can accommodate just about any skill level. Whether you are a laid back trail rider, a hunter jumper enthusiast, or want to give cattle sorting a go, we will do our best to make it memorable.
HIKING — If hiking is your thing, we have options for days. From the ranch, you can hike the Rio Blanco Trail all the way to the Continental Divide for an epic adventure. If you enjoy something more mellow, head up behind headquarters to Hidden Falls for great photos under the waterfalls. Want to have picnic at the majestic Opal Lake? No problem, we can prepare a sack lunch featuring goodies from our organic garden and deliver your group directly to the trailhead.
FISHING — Fishing is always a fun option for our guests. You’ll have access to a private stretch of the Rio Blanco River and multiple trout ponds to accommodate anglers of all ages. If it’s finally time to learn how to fly fish we can make that happen with our resident guide, Reed.
Other options are available off the ranch, as well, that we can coordinate for our guests. Navajo Lake where it meets the Quality Waters is always a hit, and we can arrange transportation to the best spots where a guide and a boat will be waiting. Want a world-class fishing experience? Let us line you up with our neighbor, El Rancho Pinoso, for a guided day trip on the best stretch of the Rio Blanco that won't disappoint.
DOG CART TOURS — Mountain Paws offers dog-cart tours featuring the same Alaskan Huskies that sled in the winter. You’re invited to experience all aspects of the excursion, including learning about the equipment to harnessing and hooking up the dogs. Usually offered April to November.